What lifts can I do the day after a game?

A great workout for the day after the game could include a continuous circuit of upper, lower and total body exercises with very light weight and higher reps. Select 15-20 exercises that address the entire body. Do 1 set of each exercise for 10-15 reps and rest only as long as it takes to go to the next exercise. No need to rush, but don't necessarily rest between exercises. It's always a benefit to alternate muscle groups from exercise to exercise; this will increase the variety of exercise selection and flush your body of the waste products that accumulate from competing. The workout in it's entirety should take no more than 20 minutes. 

Continue Learning about Football

What energy systems am I using when playing football?
The energy system demands of a football game as whole are aerobic for the most part. This is due...
What type of shoes should football kickers wear?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Football kickers choose their shoes based on a variety of factors, including turf or grass surfa...
Why do some football players tape over their shoes?
Injury prevention is a key reason why athletes tape their feet and ankles, particularly in sport...
How do I know if a football helmet needs more air?
If the helmet is too loose on your head and there is room for twisting, you may need a smaller s...