Do I have to eat more if I exercise more?

When you exercise your body must utilize fuel stores that are provided by eating a balance diet of carbohydrates, fat and proteins. When we eat, the food is broken down in to useable units of energy. This energy is stored in our body so that it can be used to exercise or perform normal activities of daily living. The more intense you exercise the more energy you will use. So, generally speaking you need to eat more food to replace lost energy.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Why do I get cramps in my fingers when I exercise?
Cramping during exercise can be a sign of dehydration. Learn more about cramps during exercise from ...
Can I really boost calorie burning at rest?
Can I really boost calorie burning at rest? Yes, adding lean body mass through progressive resistanc...
5 Minute Chair Workout
5 Minute Chair Workout
5 Minute Strengthen and Lengthen Workout