How do I use the two-person seat carry for moving an injured or ill person?

1. This carry requires two people and can be used for any person who is conscious and not seriously injured. 
  2. Put one arm behind the person’s thighs and the other across the person’s back. 
  3. Interlock your arms with those of a second responder behind the person’s legs and across his or her back. 
  4. Lift the person in the “seat” formed by the responders’ arms. Responders should coordinate their movement so they walk together.

American Red Cross, two person, arm around rescuers neck,  lift victim, seated, move victim

Continue Learning about First Aid Risks

How can I protect myself when helping someone during a medical emergency?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
During a medical emergency, always take protective measures to avoid coming in contact with anot...
What states have Good Samaritan laws?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Most states and the District of Columbia have Good Samaritan laws that protect people against ne...
How the American Red Cross Prepares for Disasters
When Should Someone Go to the ER for an Asthma Attack?