What is the first aid treatment for an impaled object?

A rescuer should always stabilize an impaled object in the position they find it. They should never remove it. (This answer provided for NATA by the Eastern Kentucky University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about First Aid For Wounds

How can I avoid disease transmission when caring for open wounds?
How can I avoid disease transmission when caring for open wounds? You can reduce the risk of disease...
How should I care for someone with a closed wound?
How should I care for someone with a closed wound? Many closed wounds, like bruises, do not require ...
How should I care for an open abdominal injury?
With a severe open injury, abdominal organs sometimes protrude through the wound. Learn more from ou...
How should I care for a wound with an embedded object?
If an object, such as a knife or a piece of glass or metal, is embedded in a wound, do not remove it...