What should I do if a choking infant becomes unconscious?

• Carefully lower the infant to the ground, open the mouth and look for an object. 
  • If an object is seen, remove it with your little finger. Open the infant’s airway by retilting the head and try to give 2 rescue breaths. 
  • If the chest does not clearly rise, begin a modified CPR technique used for an unconscious choking infant.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Choking

How long should I give care to a choking child?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
When providing care, each back blow and abdominal thrust should be a separate and distinct attem...
How can I prevent my child from choking on food?
Nina L. Shapiro, MDNina L. Shapiro, MD
To prevent your child from choking on food, never allow him or her to eat unattended and only serve ...
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?
How Does a Person Choke?
How Does a Person Choke?