How do I give abdominal thrusts to a child who is choking?

Stand or kneel behind the child and wrap your arms around his or her waist. 

Locate the navel with one or two fingers of one hand. Make a fist with the other hand and place the thumb side against the middle of the child’s abdomen, just above the navel and well below the lower tip of the breastbone.

Grab your fist with your other hand and give quick, upward thrusts into the abdomen.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Choking

What are signs that an infant is choking?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
These include: Coughing, either forcefully or weakly An inability to cough, speak, cry or brea...
What do I do if my rescue breaths do not give air to an unconscious child?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Re-tilt the head, and try another rescue breath. If you still cannot get air into the child, assume ...
How Does a Person Choke?
How Does a Person Choke?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?