Why do I sometimes get bright wavy lines in my vision?

Your symptoms sound suspicious for an ophthalmic migraine (migraine without a headache). An ophthalmic migraine often includes zigzag lines, colored lights, or flashes of lights expanding to one side of your vision over 10 to 30 minutes. While what you described is not likely to be a sign of a more serious problem, you should consider scheduling an evaluation with your local Eye M.D..

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Eye and Vision

Eye and Vision

The leading cause of blindness is an eye disease such as cataracts, glaucoma or macular degeneration. Each can be slowed or treated through regular eye exams. On a daily basis, doctors recommend wearing sunglasses to guard against ...

damage from the suns ultraviolet rays and using protective goggles during sports and certain household projects to protect against injury.