Why do I sometimes get bright wavy lines in my vision?

Your symptoms sound suspicious for an ophthalmic migraine (migraine without a headache). An ophthalmic migraine often includes zigzag lines, colored lights, or flashes of lights expanding to one side of your vision over 10 to 30 minutes. While what you described is not likely to be a sign of a more serious problem, you should consider scheduling an evaluation with your local Eye M.D..

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

You Can Prevent Eye Disease
You Can Prevent Eye Disease
Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, a civil rights anthem from the 1950s recorded by everyone from Pete Seeger to Bruce Springsteen, calls for folks to pay a...
Protect Your Eyes from Macular Degeneration
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Ophthalmologists?
How Long Does It Take for Symptoms of Pink Eye to Appear?