Can my child wear contacts if he had strabismus?

I see no reason why strabismus (crossed eyes) would prevent her from wearing contact lenses. In some children with amblyopia (lazy eye), which is common with strabismus, there is no improvement. For those, many ophthalmologists would be concerned about wearing contact lenses for fear of the very small risk from use to the good eye. 

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Seek This Vitamin Group for Your Eyes
Seek This Vitamin Group for Your Eyes
There's a group of vitamins your eyes love. And they all start with the letter B. Yep, turns out that in certain people, B vitamins could be key for ...
What is an epiretinal membrane on the eye?
Dr. Abdhish R. Bhavsar, MDDr. Abdhish R. Bhavsar, MD
Epiretinal membranes typically progress over years to months and can cause decreased vision and part...
10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health
10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health
Changes in your vision may be signs of other medical conditions.
What Is the Mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology?