Are blood vessels in my eye encroaching on my iris a serious problem?

Yes, these blood vessels could be a potential problem to your eyes. Many contact lenses will cause this condition to a mild degree, but significant peripheral vascularization suggest that your corneas are starved for oxygen or other nutrients. Consider a second opinion with an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) to confirm or deny that these blood vessels represent a problem for your eyes. 

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

How to Avoid the Sting of Dry Eyes
How to Avoid the Sting of Dry Eyes
When Walt Disney decided to follow the original storyline in Bambi and keep the scene in which the fawn’s mother is killed by a hunter, he took a lot ...
How common are eye and vision problems in older adults?
Laura C. Fine, MDLaura C. Fine, MD
Serious age-related eye problems can cause vision loss or visual distortion that glasses can't fix. ...
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
Take a look at 10 sight-saving tips to protect your vision and boost your eye health.
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?