Which muscles should I train in order to burn more fat?

Many Americans tend to spend a lot of time working their peripheral muscles (like their biceps or their calves), but efficient strength training comes when you work the big muscles that make up the core axis of your body—your legs, the large muscles of your upper body (like your chest and shoulders), and your abdominals. They're your foundation muscles. They burn more calories than smaller muscles, and are also involved in many more movements and functions than smaller muscles—which makes any vulnerabilities or weaknesses they have more influential to your day-to-day health of wellbeing. Luckily, you don't need any equipment to train your foundation muscles and see the benefits.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

If you want to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time, select exercises that utilize multiple joints and larger muscles such as the legs and back. A good example of a full body exercise is the squat to overhead raise. With this exercise, you’re using all the large muscles in your body, and even some of the smaller ones.

To perform a medicine ball squat to overhead raise, grab a set medicine ball and find some open space. Place your feet roughly shoulder width apart and hold the ball just under your chest slightly in front of you. Keeping your stomach and glutes tight, slowly lower yourself through your knees as if you’re going to sit in a chair. Don’t allow your knees to wobble by keeping your glutes, thighs, and stomach tight as you’re lowering. Once at the bottom, hold for a second, and then slowly come back up pushing through your feet and extending your knees. As you reach the top of the squat, press the medicine ball  straight up, and over your head. Bring it back down to starting position and repeat. Perform the desired amount of repetitions and sets.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

is aerobic exercise helping me if i am not losing weight ?
Many people will make statements such as, “I am having difficulty losing weight, but I run on the tr...
to lose weight , which is more important , how long i exercise or how hard ?
Erin Mcgill Erin Mcgill
At the end of the day, weight reduction is a direct result of how many calories you consume versus h...
how long do i have to exercise to burn off certain foods ?
How long you need to work out depends on your size, age, weight, and the temperature, the intensity ...
if i want to lose fat fast , should i do as much cardio as possible ?
Although it is an important component, fat loss doesn’t only come from cardio. You’re more likel...