Besides our fat, where else does your body store energy?

Energy is actually stored in your liver and  muscle cells and readily available as glycogen. We know this as carbohydrate energy. When carbohydrate energy is needed, glycogen is converted into glucose for use by the muscle cells. Another source of fuel for the body is protein, but is rarely a significant source of fuel. Protein only becomes a significant source of fuel during starvation, when amino acids are converted to glucose through a  process called gluconeogenesis.

The average person has about 2,500 calories of carbohydrate reserves—stored mostly in liver and muscle—to use for all kinds of energy-needing functions, especially a need for immediate energy, like when you're trying to catch a bus or escape a charging rhino. An average person has about 112,000 calories stored in fat (that is, if you are at your ideal weight, you typically have about 14 pounds of fat).

A good point to remember: your body fat is not the enemy, unless you're carrying more than you need to. We need fat to function—it's an energy bank account that we can withdraw from. The trick, of course, is to make sure we don't let our banks open up branches on every single part of our bodies.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Ways to Lose Weight While Strength Straining
In May 2018, 27-year-old Icelander, Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, renowned for his role as “The Mountain,” Gregor Clegane, in Game of Thrones, won the Wor...
Will I burn fat faster if I train above my target heart rate?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
The first thing to know is your target training heart rate zones. When you know your zones you will ...
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
They don't all require a trip to the gym.
What Time of Day Will I Get the Most Effective Workout for Weight Loss?