Many factors contribute to gas, bloating and weight gain but they may not be related. A diet high in refined foods that are low in fiber can cause gas and bloating. Food allergies can also cause gas and bloating especially allergies to fruit sugars called oligosaccharides. Also when you are not accustomed to dietary fiber, at first you might experience gas and bloating but over time you should adjust. Weight gain is caused by eating too many calories, not enough exercise, and eating foods that are devoid of nutrients and loaded with fat and sugars.
- Q Where does gas come from?
- Q Can gluten intolerance cause uncontrollable gas?
- Q What foods cause bad-smelling gas?
- Q Can gluten intolerance cause gas to smell very bad?
- Q What causes gas in the digestive tract?
- Q What is the role of legumes in intestinal flatulence?