The Digestive System: An Owner’s Guide
Your digestive system transforms the food you eat into the energy you need. When it works well, you feel great – but when problems like constipation or irritable bowel syndrome come along, things don’t seem so rosy. Here’s what you need to know to keep your digestive system running smoothly.Read More
Digestive Health AssessmentTake the Test
AskMDFind out what may be causing your constipation
1 in 6
The number of Americans who get food poisoning every year
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Digestive Health Q&As
Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates
What is heartburn?
Heartburn is usually experienced as a burning sensation or pain behind the breastbone or a backup of bitter acid into the mouth. Ten percent of Americans experience . . .
- Q What is the peritoneum?
- Q How can my gut health impact my mood and emotions?
- Q What is the difference between an endoscopy and a capsule endoscopy?
- Q How can herbs help improve my digestion?
- Q What information should I share with my doctor about my constipation?
- Q What is the Bristol Stool Form Scale?
- Q What causes rectal bleeding?
- Q What post-meal ritual can help with my digestion?
- Q How does holiday stress affect the digestive system?
- Q What is the GI tract?
Recent Digestive Health Articles
Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain? If you have digestive complaints, our articles can help.
Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum How to Stop the Lose-Gain Weight Cycle Common Questions about Bloating and Gas Gut Feelings Predict Marital Bliss See All Articles