The Digestive System: An Owner’s Guide
Your digestive system transforms the food you eat into the energy you need. When it works well, you feel great – but when problems like constipation or irritable bowel syndrome come along, things don’t seem so rosy. Here’s what you need to know to keep your digestive system running smoothly.Read More
Digestive Health AssessmentTake the Test
AskMDFind out what may be causing your constipation
1 in 6
The number of Americans who get food poisoning every year
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Digestive Health Q&As
Robert B. Harrell, MD
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Why would I need to have gallbladder surgery?
The primary reasons for gallbladder removal is gallstones. In this video, Brandon Harrell, MD of Northeast Methodist Hospital explains the causes and symptoms of gallstones . . .
- Q How does the body eliminate stool?
- Q How is food digested?
- Q How is colitis different from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q What are the symptoms of a torn bile duct?
- Q How can my gut health impact my mood and emotions?
- Q How does a normal bowel movement occur?
- Q What are some factors that can deplete my digestive enzyme levels?
- Q Where do polyps occur?
- Q How can herbs help improve my digestion?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my diverticulitis symptoms?
Recent Digestive Health Articles
Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain? If you have digestive complaints, our articles can help.
Why Your Colon Loves Winter Fortify Your GI Tract with This Midnight Munchie Tell Me Why… I Poop More During My Period How Fermented Foods Can Make You Healthier See All Articles