The Digestive System: An Owner’s Guide
Your digestive system transforms the food you eat into the energy you need. When it works well, you feel great – but when problems like constipation or irritable bowel syndrome come along, things don’t seem so rosy. Here’s what you need to know to keep your digestive system running smoothly.Read More
4 Ways Your Gut
AskMDFind out what may be causing your constipation
1 in 6
The number of Americans who get food poisoning every year
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Digestive Health Q&As
Robert B. Harrell, MD
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Why would I need to have gallbladder surgery?
The primary reasons for gallbladder removal is gallstones. In this video, Brandon Harrell, MD of Northeast Methodist Hospital explains the causes and symptoms of gallstones . . .
- Q What causes rectal bleeding?
- Q What is the difference between an endoscopy and a capsule endoscopy?
- Q How can I help make inserting a nasogastric (NG) tube less uncomforatable?
- Q How is colitis different from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q How does the body eliminate stool?
- Q Why do I have to go to the bathroom when I am on long runs?
- Q How can antibiotic use affect bacteria balance in the stomach (gut flora)?
- Q What should my stool look like?
- Q How can I prevent belching?
- Q How do sugar-free foods affect digestion?