The Digestive System: An Owner’s Guide
Your digestive system transforms the food you eat into the energy you need. When it works well, you feel great – but when problems like constipation or irritable bowel syndrome come along, things don’t seem so rosy. Here’s what you need to know to keep your digestive system running smoothly.Read More
Digestive Health AssessmentTake the Test
AskMDFind out what may be causing your constipation
1 in 6
The number of Americans who get food poisoning every year
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Digestive Health Q&As
Robert B. Harrell, MD
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Why would I need to have gallbladder surgery?
The primary reasons for gallbladder removal is gallstones. In this video, Brandon Harrell, MD of Northeast Methodist Hospital explains the causes and symptoms of gallstones . . .
- Q What causes one to burp?
- Q What are the signs and symptoms of low gastric acidity?
- Q What is "dumping syndrome"?
- Q What happens if the bacterial balance in the digestive tract is disrupted?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with dyspepsia?
- Q What are some factors that can deplete my digestive enzyme levels?
- Q How can I get my digestion back on track?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my diverticulitis symptoms?
- Q What tests are used to diagnose achalasia?
- Q What should my stool look like?
Recent Digestive Health Articles
Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain? If you have digestive complaints, our articles can help.
Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum 5 Tips to Improve Your Liver Health You've Been Pooping Wrong Your Whole Life Tell Me Why… I Poop More During My Period See All Articles