Can I drink alcohol while taking silymarin?

Do not consume alcohol while you are taking silymarin, the active compound in milk thistle. While there is no specific interaction between this nutritional supplement and alcohol, the primary reason people take silymarin is to protect the liver and help it repair itself. If you have a liver condition, you should avoid alcohol -- and also see your doctor, whether or not you take silymarin.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
What are the most popular supplements?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
Findings from the Annual ConsumerLab.com Survey: What are the most popular supplements among Consum...
When should I take supplements?
Consider supplements as a smart choice if they have the right doses of nutrients and if it's hard to...
How Can I Shop for Reputable Brands of Vitamins and Supplements?