How do electrolytes help relieve diarrhea?

Electrolytes do not necessarily help you to treat your diarrhea, but rather electrolytes help you to prevent dehydration while you are suffering from diarrhea. Electrolytes are essential to keeping hydrated while you have diarrhea, as they make up for many lost nutrients.

Continue Learning about Diarrhea

Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
In 1984 Parker Bros. launched an Atari game that offered a new set of thrills: It was a treasure-hunting, puzzle-solving adventure called Montezuma's ...
What is chronic functional diarrhea?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
A functional gastrointestinal disorder in which diarrhea is the predominant symptom is called chroni...
What is diarrhea?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Diarrhea is the sudden increase in the looseness and number of bowel movements (BMs) or stools. It h...
How Does Ulcerative Colitis Affect My Body?