What percentage of seniors want to stay in their homes?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine

Most people want to age in place, that is stay right where they are. In fact according to American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), 89 percent of people 50+ wish to remain in their own homes indefinitely.

Clarity and The EAR Foundation in their study Aging in Place in America found that seniors fear moving into a nursing home and losing their independence more than they fear death. Eighty-nine percent want to age in place but are concerned about their ability to do so. Half of seniors are open to using new technologies to enable independence.

Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Caregiving