What is caregiver wellness?

Caregiver wellness incorporates the movement toward social, psychological, physical, intellectual, spiritual, occupational, and financial wellness among caregivers, while also incorporating the empowerment and resilience necessary to take charge of one’s health on a holistic basis. The components of caregiver wellness are not chronological; rather, they represent collective components. Finally, caregiver wellness stresses the importance of viewing wellness as a continuum and not an end point.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Caring for Family Caregivers of Dementia Patients
In the 2015 film, Still Alice, Julianne Moore plays a beautiful and successful woman who’s diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. The film tr...
How do I encourage my aging parent with short-term memory loss?
Dr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDDr. Oluwatoyin Thomas, MD
Adult children who recognize short-term memory loss in their parents must remember that it is up to ...
How should I discuss difficult news with my elderly parent?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
It's tough to impart difficult news, such as a dismal medical diagnosis, a request that a parent sto...
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Caregivers?