How can I help a weak person get into a car?

Helping a weak or frail person get into a car with upholstered seats can be difficult. Try tucking a vinyl tablecloth or a plastic garbage bag into the seat. That way, you’ll create a surface that’s slippery enough to slide on. Or, purchase one of the many transfer disks available through home health stores. Simply place the disc on the floor, bed, or car seat and use the swivel action to turn into place. The fabric conforms to the user and folds for easy storage between uses.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Caregiver Corner: Stage III Lung Cancer and Caregiver Burnout
Being a caregiver for a friend, family member or loved one who has been diagnosed with stage III lung cancer can be rewarding. It can also be confusin...
What is a professional healthcare chaplain?
HealthCare Chaplaincy NetworkHealthCare Chaplaincy Network
Professional, board-certified healthcare chaplains are the spiritual care specialists on the healthc...
Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
What's the Best Thing I Can Do for a Loved One Who Has Multiple Sclerosis?