How can I help a weak person get into a car?

Helping a weak or frail person get into a car with upholstered seats can be difficult. Try tucking a vinyl tablecloth or a plastic garbage bag into the seat. That way, you’ll create a surface that’s slippery enough to slide on. Or, purchase one of the many transfer disks available through home health stores. Simply place the disc on the floor, bed, or car seat and use the swivel action to turn into place. The fabric conforms to the user and folds for easy storage between uses.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Caregiver Corner: Tips When Researching Lung Cancer
When a loved one has cancer, you want to learn all that you can about the particular type of cancer, the ways it can be treated, and the everyday thin...
How can I protect senior loved ones from telephone scams?
CareConsciousCareConscious
Concerns about senior loved ones falling victim to telephone scams are legitimate. Telephone scammer...
What is a respite caregiver?
Goldina EroweleGoldina Erowele
Many caregivers face challenges of caring for an elderly, chronically ill, or disabled family member...
How Can Caregiving Affect My Health?
How Can Caregiving Affect My Health?