If you eat lots of green, leafy vegetables and whole grains, you can likely meet your magnesium needs through your diet, even if you still need to take calcium and/or vitamin D supplements. Talk to your doctor about whether you need supplements of any of these nutrients and, if so, what would be the best supplement for you to take.
- Q Do calcium supplements help protect my bones?
- Q Are calcium supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q Is coral calcium an effective calcium supplement?
- Q Does calcium help with lead toxicity?
- Q Who should not use calcium supplements?
- Q Should I take calcium supplements to improve my bone health?