If you eat lots of green, leafy vegetables and whole grains, you can likely meet your magnesium needs through your diet, even if you still need to take calcium and/or vitamin D supplements. Talk to your doctor about whether you need supplements of any of these nutrients and, if so, what would be the best supplement for you to take.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of calcium supplement?
- Q If I don’t get enough calcium in my diet, should I supplement?
- Q How can I lose weight by eating more calcium?
- Q Does calcium help with hypocalcemic tetany?
- Q Can taking calcium supplements help lower high blood pressure?
- Q Should I get my calcium from plants instead of dairy products?