If you eat lots of green, leafy vegetables and whole grains, you can likely meet your magnesium needs through your diet, even if you still need to take calcium and/or vitamin D supplements. Talk to your doctor about whether you need supplements of any of these nutrients and, if so, what would be the best supplement for you to take.
- Q What should I know before taking calcium supplements?
- Q What is the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of calcium?
- Q Are there any risks in using calcium supplements?
- Q Should I take calcium supplements?
- Q Why might I need a calcium supplement?
- Q Do calcium supplements help protect my bones?