The maximum dosage for over the counter aspirin is 4,000 milligrams total every 24 hours. Aspirin becomes severely toxic if too much is consumed at once, so make sure not to take more than the recommended number of pills at one time. If you are taking aspirin over the counter, follow the directions on the label. If you are taking aspirin under medical supervision, follow your doctor's instructions. Aspirin may be a widespread, easily available, long-used drug, but it becomes harmful at the wrong dosages. It also interacts with a number of drugs and health conditions.
- Q How can I protect my stomach from the side effects of aspirin?
- Q Can I take aspirin with my alli diet pills?
- Q Can aspirin help prevent migraine headaches?
- Q What are the benefits of taking aspirin?
- Q How can aspirin affect the risk of heart disease?
- Q Does taking an aspirin a day pose any health risks?