How should I store calcium carbonate?

Store the antacid calcium carbonate (Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums) in its original container. Keep it sealed and somewhere children can't see or reach it. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture. Do not store it in the bathroom. Throw away any outdated or unneeded medication. Ask your pharmacist about the best way to properly dispose of calcium carbonate that has expired or you no longer need.

Continue Learning about Antacid

How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Antacids help to minimize the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux by neutralizing the acidity ...
How should I take antacids?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of antacids, there are many different way...
What should I avoid while taking antacids?
Until you know how you will react to antacids, you should not drive or operate heavy machinery. Cert...
When should I take antacids?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Over-the-counter antacids are still the fastest way to speed relief for indigestion, and a quick...