How should I store calcium carbonate?

Store the antacid calcium carbonate (Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums) in its original container. Keep it sealed and somewhere children can't see or reach it. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture. Do not store it in the bathroom. Throw away any outdated or unneeded medication. Ask your pharmacist about the best way to properly dispose of calcium carbonate that has expired or you no longer need.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
When should I take antacids?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Over-the-counter antacids are still the fastest way to speed relief for indigestion, and a quick...
Do antacids have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?