What is an anesthetic room?

The anesthetic room is a room in the hospital where people get medicine called anesthesia before an operation. Anesthesia puts people into a very deep sleep so they won't hear, see or feel anything during their operation.

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

How does the doctor know what type of anesthesia to use?
Patricia Bartley DanielePatricia Bartley Daniele
The type and length of surgery will determine the method of anesthesia needed. The choices of anesth...
How risky is anesthesia?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Due to advances in patient safety, the risks of anesthesia are very low. Over the past 25 years, ane...
Will I need general anesthesia for cataract surgery?
General anesthesia is not required for cataract surgery but each patient is different. The anesthesi...
How will my child be given anesthesia before surgery?
Rose Campise-Luther, MDRose Campise-Luther, MD
Children are often anesthetized by having them breathe anesthetic gases through a mask. In those cas...