Question

Calories

How many calories do I burn when I laugh?

• AMike Clark, DPT, Fitness, answered on behalf of Sharecare Fitness
    Happy Laughing Senior Couple

Researchers have determined that just 15 minutes of laughter a day can help you burn between 10 and 40 calories, depending on your weight and how intense the laughter. While it doesn’t seem like much because you don’t burn loads of extra calories, remember it’s little changes to your daily routine that will make big differences, that extra 10-40 calories a day from laughing is enough to lose up to 4lbs in one year! Also, having a good laugh usually makes most of us have a more positive attitude, ultimately helping us feel better about ourselves, which can keep us motivated and on track to lose those extra pounds.

Happy Laughing Senior Couple
  • Research has shown that laughing burns roughly 10-40 calories per day. This is not much, but every calorie counts. Further, laughing has also been shown to have positive influence on the immune system. So, laugh often; It’s good for you!

• A research published in the International Journal of Obesity found just 15 minutes of laughter a day will burn 10-40 calories, depending on a person’s weight and the intensity of the laughter. That is enough to lose between 1–4lbs a year. How can I tell if my diet is healthy? Here are some guidelines to construct a healthy diet:

1. Eat plenty of high-fiber foods

2. Include green, orange and yellow fruits and vegetables

3. Limit sugary foods, refined-grain products, and salty snack foods

4. Eat more fish and nuts

5. Cut down on animal and trans fats

6. Eat smaller portions more frequently 

• According to research conducted by Vanderbilt University Medical Center, laughing for 10 to 15 minutes burns between 10 and 40 calories a day.
  • ADiscovery Health answered

Laughing for a cumulative 15 minutes a day burns from 10 to 40 calories, enough to burn off three or four unsalted crackers. Added up over a year, that's about 4 pounds, or 1.8 kilograms.

How many calories does the brain consume?