Ten peanuts (although considered a legume) contains only 60 calories. Cashews (18), pistachios (49) and almonds (24) contain about 160 calories per serving. While 10-12 macadamia nuts contain 200 calories/serving. By eating nuts that are in a shell like peanuts and pistachios, you can be more mindful of the amount of nuts you eat which ultimately may help you reduce your caloric intake of nuts. All types of nuts can fit into a healthy diet but the key is the portion size of the nuts you choose to eat.
- Q Why can’t I just eat lots of high-calorie burgers, fries, and milkshakes?
- Q How can I cut calories from coffee and tea?
- Q Is it true that some foods cost more calories to digest than they provide?
- Q How many calories can I burn doing karate?
- Q Are all calories the same?
- Q How can I burn calories without going to the gym?