What type of nut has the least calories?

Toby Smithson

Ten peanuts (although considered a legume) contains only 60 calories. Cashews (18), pistachios (49) and almonds (24) contain about 160 calories per serving. While 10-12 macadamia nuts contain 200 calories/serving. By eating nuts that are in a shell like peanuts and pistachios, you can be more mindful of the amount of nuts you eat which ultimately may help you reduce your caloric intake of nuts. All types of nuts can fit into a healthy diet but the key is the portion size of the nuts you choose to eat.

Continue Learning about Calories

When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
Americans have a love-hate affair with calories. At any given moment, more than 4 out of 10 of us say we're on a diet, yet we are gobbling 300 calorie...
How can I figure out how many calories I eat in a week?
Scripps Health AdminScripps Health Admin
Keep a journal of everything you eat or drink during the day, including that cappuccino or handful o...
What is the relationship between calorie restriction and health?
A recent study at the University of Wisconsin discovered that calorie restriction, even in a minor s...
Why Should I Cut Down on "Empty Calories?"