Some family doctors do provide routine Pap smears as one of many standard services that they offer, but check with your doctor to be sure. Doctors who practice family medicine may treat people of both genders and ages ranging from newborn up to elderly.If your doctor determines that you need more specialized care, you may be referred to a gynecologist (a specialist in women's health). Your doctor can work together with the gynecologist to make sure all of your healthcare needs are met.
- Q Why do I exercise my pelvic floor muscles?
- Q What should women do to maintain their health?
- Q How can I strengthen my pelvic floor muscles?
- Q How long should I continue to see a gynecologist?
- Q Why do thousands of women die from diseases that are often preventable?
- Q How much should women walk every day to prevent diabetes and heart disease?