Some family doctors do provide routine Pap smears as one of many standard services that they offer, but check with your doctor to be sure. Doctors who practice family medicine may treat people of both genders and ages ranging from newborn up to elderly.If your doctor determines that you need more specialized care, you may be referred to a gynecologist (a specialist in women's health). Your doctor can work together with the gynecologist to make sure all of your healthcare needs are met.
- Q What are the cancer-fighting benefits of regular gynecological exams?
- Q What are the recommended health screenings for young women?
- Q What should women do to maintain their health?
- Q What are some early disease detection recommendations for women?
- Q Why do thousands of women die from diseases that are often preventable?
- Q Can preventive care help women avoid breast and cervical cancer?