Some family doctors do provide routine Pap smears as one of many standard services that they offer, but check with your doctor to be sure. Doctors who practice family medicine may treat people of both genders and ages ranging from newborn up to elderly.If your doctor determines that you need more specialized care, you may be referred to a gynecologist (a specialist in women's health). Your doctor can work together with the gynecologist to make sure all of your healthcare needs are met.
- Q What are well-woman visits?
- Q Why do I exercise my pelvic floor muscles?
- Q What medical tests should women have?
- Q Can I bring my own gown with me to my gynecologic exam?
- Q What should every woman do to check their health?
- Q What is a vaginal self-examination (VSE)?