Can getting rid of obesogen chemicals help me lose weight?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
I have seen many patients do well to change their body by not only changing their foods and exercising, but by also encouraging their body to get rid of 'obesogen' chemicals (chemicals not natural to your body that disrupt the normal control and growth of fat cells and energy). A good detoxification regimen designed for the individual can be very helpful to lose weight with greater success than simply dieting can do, even if the numbers of calories are not different. In fact, a good detoxification program does not even carry the concern about how many calories are being consumed -- which means that as long as it is the right detoxifying foods, you can eat as much as you feel necessary, and still get the weight loss effect you desire.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Getting Over the Weight Plateau
Getting Over the Weight Plateau
You want results! You've been working out and eating healthfully, and you want to be rewarded when you step on the scale. But when the scale stops coo...
Why does my body resist my efforts to lose weight?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
What people think as their body resisting to lose weight is far from the truth. Bottom line if you b...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Wager on Weight-Loss: Bet Yourself to a Thinner, Healthier You