How can I strengthen my legs for wakeboarding?

To improve leg strength for wakeboarding, use supersets of strength and stabilization exercises since both are important components of wakeboarding. When doing this type of strength training, use the following acute variables: 2-4 supersets of 8-12 repetitions at a medium tempo for the strength exercise and a slow tempo for the stabilization exercise. Use light weights and only rest for 30 seconds between sets. An exercise example for this type of resistance training is bar squats supersetted with walking lunges, followed by seated leg curls supersetted with single-leg Romanian deadlifts. To perform the single-leg Romanian deadlift, stand on one leg with the other foot lifted and floating next to the foot on the ground. Slowly bend at the hip and reach toward the foot on the ground, pause, and slowing return to a standing position. You can make the strength exercises more difficult by adding more weight, or increasing the load. You can make the stabilization exercises more difficult by standing on a half foam roll, using an airex pad, or standing on a dyna disc. By doing these exercises you can improve the muscle, tendon, and ligament strength of the legs.

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...