What are the benefits of listening to music while walking?

Everyone motivated themselves in different ways.  Some people enjoy walking early in the morning and will allow nature to be their music.  However, for those who are not early birds or for those who need that extra motivation, then music may be your answer.  For me, music can be a lifesaver.  Motivation is at times needed and music can be that extra push!  Find your favorite tunes, put them on your iPod or music player and rock out while you walk out! 

Continue Learning about Walking

Get in Step
Get in Step
"Walking saved my life." So say many walking enthusiasts who picked up the habit and as a result either reduced their risk of disease, lost weight, be...
Where are good places to walk with my child?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
You can take advantage of all kinds of walking places with your child.  Try a local trail or park wh...
What are some tips for walking with a dog?
Cleon Joseph , NASM Elite TrainerCleon Joseph , NASM Elite Trainer
OK, understand that somewhere during your walk with your dog, they want to run.  Understand that the...
How is a city walk different than a nature walk in the woods?
Michelle Theis , NASM Elite TrainerMichelle Theis , NASM Elite Trainer
Either walk is great because the key is you're on your feet and moving! A city walk can be as simple...