Is it better exercise to walk on grass or pavement?

Walking on grass will be better than walking on pavement.  The impact from walking is minimal so you should be able to walk on both surfaces with minimal stress on your body.  However, walking on grass will give you the extra cushion that may benefit your body, especially if you have knee, hip, or back pain.  On the reverse, many people do not have access to grassy route and walking on pavement might be more convenient.  Again, either surface will be light impact on your body so I recommend choosing what is most convenient to keep you active!

Continue Learning about Walking

Why should I walk 10,000 steps a day?
Experts don't quite know why walking 10,000 steps a day (about 5 miles) works, but they do know that...
How can I find good walking areas near my home?
A good website to find walking areas around your house is www.startwalkingnow.org. It can provide go...
What are some good tips for walking with a stroller?
Emily Adams , NASM Elite TrainerEmily Adams , NASM Elite Trainer
When you are walking with a stroller, you are basically walking with a mobile weight! You can use th...
The Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your Health
The Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your HealthThe Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your HealthThe Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your HealthThe Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your Health
Lace 'em up and enjoy the many benefits of walking, including less stress, a lower risk of heart problems and much more. Sure, high-intensity interval...