What are the dangers of walking on treadmills?

When walking on the treadmill, the biggest danger I see is the treadmill may not stop if you decide to. You are stuck walking in a straight line and this should be comfortable but for some may not be. Walking outside may present the same issue but you are able to vary your walk and are not stuck on a belt that may not stop.

The danger of walking on a treadmill is about the same danger of walking on any ground. When you are walking on a treadmill it forces you to walk in a straight line with no deviation and so you are required to stay the path, and you risk falling. However this could be the same case with walking on ground. 

Continue Learning about Walking Safety

Dangers of Distracted Walking
Dangers of Distracted Walking
It's Not Me…It's You. That’s the title of a George Lopez comedy special on HBO and what lots of folks told researchers who conducted a survey on distr...
Why is it important to drink water before I go walking?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Drinking water prior to walking or any form of exercise will assist in keeping your body hydrated. D...
How can I ensure my personal safety when walking outside?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best way to be safe when walking outside will be to walk in an area you know and trust. Violence...
What are some good tips for listening to music while walking?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Choose music that you enjoy. You may choose something that is current or something that is classic. ...