What are the dangers of walking on treadmills?

The danger of walking on a treadmill is about the same danger of walking on any ground. When you are walking on a treadmill it forces you to walk in a straight line with no deviation and so you are required to stay the path, and you risk falling. However this could be the same case with walking on ground. 

When walking on the treadmill, the biggest danger I see is the treadmill may not stop if you decide to. You are stuck walking in a straight line and this should be comfortable but for some may not be. Walking outside may present the same issue but you are able to vary your walk and are not stuck on a belt that may not stop.

Continue Learning about Walking Safety

Dangers of Distracted Walking
Dangers of Distracted Walking
It's Not Me…It's You. That’s the title of a George Lopez comedy special on HBO and what lots of folks told researchers who conducted a survey on distr...
What protective gear should I wear when walking in the sun?
Jill Goldstein Jill Goldstein
If you are sensitive to sun, you should wear a hat, sunglasses and a long sleeve shirt. However, if ...
What kind of reflective gear should I wear when walking at night?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
When it is dark outside, whether it is night or early morning, you should always wear some sort of r...
What are some good tips for listening to music while walking?
Jill Goldstein Jill Goldstein
The music you want to listen to is upbeat and have a good rythym to keep your pace up.  The slower t...