How do I manage my verrucous carcinoma on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Managing your verrucous carcinoma on a daily basis begins with treatment. Treatment often involves surgery to remove the tumor, and sometimes may involve radiation therapy. Once you've been treated, it's important to check in with your doctor regularly to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. Taking care of your overall physical health is important for the recovery process, so eat a balanced diet and get plenty of rest. Also, be sure to avoid chewing or smoking tobacco, since it's a significant risk factor for this cancer. Dealing with verrucous carcinoma can cause emotional stress, so take care of your emotional health by relying on resources like social workers, support groups, and friends and family.

Continue Learning about Verrucous Carcinoma

What increases my risk for verrucous carcinoma?
Not much is known about the causes of verrucous carcinoma, but there are some things that seem to be...
What are the symptoms of verrucous carcinoma?
Symptoms of verrucous carcinoma vary depending on the location of the tumor. Verrucous carcinoma cau...
What are the treatment options for verrucous carcinoma?
Treatment options for verrucous carcinoma may depend on the location of the tumor, but they usually ...
What do I need to know to care for someone with verrucous carcinoma?
Caring for someone with verrucous carcinoma involves supporting them during and after treatment. Tre...