Is there anything I should avoid after I get the influenza vaccine?

There are no general restrictions on food or drink after receiving an influenza vaccine. You should be able to eat, drink and perform your normal activities without trouble. In some cases your doctor may suggest some restrictions, and if that is the case, follow any recommendations your doctor may have.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Can I get influenza from the influenza vaccine?
A flu shot cannot cause flu illness. The viruses contained in flu shots are inactivated (killed), wh...
What are the side effects of the influenza vaccine?
Side effects of the influenza vaccine include: muscle aches, low fever, headaches and fatigue. If yo...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?