What causes a split stream when I pee?

While it may look like a city fountain, the split stream is the sign of a real condition that's caused by some residual debris in the urinary tube. It can also be caused by scarring of the urinary opening or damage to the urethra. Prostate infections or enlargement can also cause one flow to double-up.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)

The Risk of UTIs Increases in Older Women—Here’s Why
When you think of urinary tract infections (UTIs), you may think of them happening in people in their teens, 20s and 30s. But UTIs in older women are ...
How can I prevent a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Urinary tract infections(UTIs) can be painful and hard to get rid of. Find out what you can do to pr...
Can I catch a UTI from my partner during sex?
These are the risk factors associated with urinary tract infections (UTIs): history of repeat UTIs, ...
What Are Treatment Options for Urinary Incontinence?