The only medication you can buy over the counter would be an analgesic containing acetaminophen, such as Tylenol. This will help your discomfort while the prescription antibiotic takes effect. Aspirin is not recommended. Oral antibiotics, which are only available with a prescription, is the only thing that can treat a kidney infection.
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a kidney infection?
- Q Are there side effects to treatment of a kidney infection?