Is walking with tubing around your ankles a flexibility exercise?

Yes, the exercise is called tube walking and it can be used as part of a flexibility program. Since motion (walking) is involved, the exercise is considered to be more dynamic and therefore a good choice after static stretching and before higher-intensity activities. Tube walking helps wake-up (activate) and strengthen the outter hip muscles (such as the gluteus medius). Since the outter hip muscles are used in so many activities and exercises, tube walking is a great prepartory exercise.

Continue Learning about Types of Walking

How can I train for a walking race?
In preparation for a walking race start by gradually increasing mileage and pace until you reach app...
How should I do a mindful walk?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Try a mindful walk two to three times a week, preferably in green space like a park or nature preser...
How can I increase my walking pace?
An effective way to increase your pace is to download metronome programs for your IPod that is set t...
Is power walking a beneficial workout?
Mel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness ExpertMel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Power walking is a great way to burn more calories. Watch this video to learn more from Mel Muel...