What can I do to increase power in my chest?

Typically, to develop power in any muscle you must train those muscles using fast, explosive movements. An example exercise that can be used to help increase power in the chest would include a medicine baIl chest pass. You can perform 2-3 sets of 8-10 repetitions. It will be important to note, however, that for one to be powerful, they must also be stable and strong. So one should first develop ample amounts of stability and strength before they begin power exercises. For example, you can begin by performing push ups as an exercise to improve stability through the chest, shoulders and core. After a few weeks of push ups, you can perform a strength specific chest exercise that allows you to lift heavier weight, like dumbbell bench presses. After a few weeks of bench presses to gain strength, then you can start performing your chest power exercises. This will ensure you're prepared to handle the stresses that come with these power exercises and you'll get the most out of them.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.