Horizontal loading refers to performing all sets of an exercise or body part during a resistance training workout before moving on to the next exercise or body part. An example would be to complete 3 sets of a chest exercise before moving on to complete 3 sets of a back exercise.
- Q What is the single best exercise to improve my vertical jump?
- Q What is a great strength-building workout for your whole body?
- Q What types of exercise will help me build long, lean muscle?
- Q What is periodization?
- Q What does repetition tempo mean?
- Q How do I make sure I'm not burning muscle when I’m working out?