What can I do to increase power in my shoulders?

Typically, to develop power in any muscle you must train those muscles using fast, explosive movements. An example exercise that can be used to help increase power in the shoulders would include an overhead medicine ball throw. Perform 2-3 sets of 8-10 repetitions. It will be important to note, however, that for one to be powerful, they must also be stable and strong. So one should first develop ample amounts of stability and strength before they begin power exercises. For example, you can begin by performing a ball dumbbell scaption as an exercise to improve stability through your shoulder complex. You can then progress to perform a strength specific shoulder exercise that allows you to lift heavier weight, like seated overhead dumbbell presses. Finally, once stability and strength have been developed, you can start performing your shoulder power exercises. This will ensure you're prepared to handle the stresses that come with these power exercises and you'll get the most out of them.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

60-Second Workouts
60-Second Workouts
You can do a lot in 60 seconds, like whip up a smoothie, update your Facebook status or find out if that plastic stick you just peed on is going to tu...
Is there a way to slim my hips and rear? 
Joel Harper - Elite TrainerJoel Harper - Elite Trainer
The resting side kick gets at it and it gets at it quick. You will feel it in no time. It also will ...
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
Try these quick and simple exercises to help you stay in shape while sitting in the office. The office life leaves many sitting at their desk all day...
Wendy Batts - Static Inside Thigh Stretch