How do I get the benefits of ballet barre work if I don't have a barre?

If you don’t have a barre any similar height solid structure like a counter top, shelf or wall can be used to help improve balance and stabilization while performing classic ballet moves like the plié. Simply hold on to the structure and perform the graceful fluid movements you would at a studio.
Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
While we use a ballet barre in our barre3 studios, we don't need them for many of the exercises designed to create a dancers body. At home, I use any waist-high surface such as a kitchen counter for postures that require balance such as plies or single leg lifts. Like yoga, barre work involves using your own body weight to resist against while layering on controlled movement and can be done just about anywhere.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs