Can dance be a form of exercise?

You can factor dancing into your weekly workout totals. Just as with your other cardio exercises, the intensity and duration of dancing determines the number of calories you burn. Thirty minutes of moderate-intensity dancing is comparable to the same amount of time spent walking at 4.5 mph or cycling at 10 mph.

Dancing is a great form of exercise.  All of your muscle groups will be used with dance.  Muscles ranging from your calves with each step you make to your quadriceps and hamstrings help your go side to side and back and forth.  Your glutes, abdominals, and lower back will be used to help you twist side to side, forward and back.  Your back, chest, biceps, triceps, and shoulders will be used with any upper body movements and if you dance like me then they really get put to work!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Single Leg Squat to Row 1 Arm F
Single Leg Squat to Row 1 Arm F
Wendy Batts - Static Inside Thigh Stretch
How Should I Do a Push-Up?
How Should I Do a Push-Up?
How Do I Perform a Single Leg Cable Row with 2-Arms?