Can I do barre exercises if I'm pregnant?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Always seek approval from your doctor during your entire pregnancy. Every woman is different and each stage of pregnancy is different. That being said, most barre work is upright and helps strengthen key areas for pregnant women including hips, back, and legs. As a general rule of thumb, I recommend no belly lying, twists, deep forward folds, deep back bends, or inversions.

If you’re pregnant and want to perform barre exercises first consult your physician to make sure that nothing from your pregnancy state may interfere with your ability to safely perform these exercises. If you physician clears you then it is perfectly safe for you to perform barre exercises with the guidance of an instructor who can make modifications as needed.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The 5-Part Workout You Can Do Anytime, Anywhere
For the ultimate excuse-busting exercise routine, try this easy, no-shower-no-change-of-clothes workout, courtesy of Good Housekeeping's Drop 5 Pounds...
How do I do a side step-up, balance to overhead press with 2 arms?
Stand on one side of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart...
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Hawaii’s year-round sunshine makes it the perfect climate to play in the sun while burning calories.
What to Eat Before Exercise
What to Eat Before Exercise