Can I do barre exercises if I'm pregnant?

If you’re pregnant and want to perform barre exercises first consult your physician to make sure that nothing from your pregnancy state may interfere with your ability to safely perform these exercises. If you physician clears you then it is perfectly safe for you to perform barre exercises with the guidance of an instructor who can make modifications as needed.

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
Always seek approval from your doctor during your entire pregnancy. Every woman is different and each stage of pregnancy is different. That being said, most barre work is upright and helps strengthen key areas for pregnant women including hips, back, and legs. As a general rule of thumb, I recommend no belly lying, twists, deep forward folds, deep back bends, or inversions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

Types Of Exercise Programs

From walking to engaging in team sports, exercise comes in many forms. Aerobics, stretching, weightlifting and endurance training are some of the types of exercise that produce health benefits and enjoyment. With each type of exer...

cise, proper technique and posture is critical in preventing injuries while achieving maximum health results.