What balancing exercises can I do while seated?

Sit on top of a stability ball. Once you have found your center of gravity slowly raise one foot, keeping your foot a few inches off the floor. If you start to wobble, perform a toe tap to regain your balance. When performing this exercise be sure to tighten your abdominals and sit with ideal posture (no slouching). As a progression of this exercise, you can simultaneously move your arms in multiple directions (front, side, overhead etc.).

The floating chair is excellent to improve balance and will strengthen your lower abs while you are at it. 
Come into a seated position with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Take your hands and grab underneath your legs above the backs of your knees. Pull your stomach in and lift your feet off the ground and balance. When this is easy for you, try to do it with your palms up one inch from the sides of your knees. Hold for 30 seconds keeping your back straight and breathing normally.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Cross-Training for Runners and Walkers
It’s no secret—runners love to run. Got an extra 15 minutes? To a runner, that’s enough time to lace up and grab a mile or more. And while running or ...
Lunges hurt my knees, are there different exercises I can use?
Try step-ups. They are a modified lunge. This way you can work your gluteals without putting so much...
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Hawaii’s year-round sunshine makes it the perfect climate to play in the sun while burning calories. One of the benefits to living in the tropics is c...
Joel Harper's Excuse Busting Workout
Joel Harper's Excuse Busting Workout