Why is it important to use a full range of motion when exercising?

Using a full range of motion when exercising is very important for developing and maintaining good flexibility. In addition, a full range of motion activates more muscle groups and enhances the overall effectiveness of certain exercises. For example, some studies show that going deeper in a squat and/or lunge activates more gluteal muscles and hamstrings in comparison to stopping the motion when the knee joint is at 90 degrees.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform a standing shoulder press with one arm?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder width apart.  Hold a dumbbell in you...
How do I perform a side lunge to overhead press?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold a pair of dumbbe...
How Can I Get Back Into My Exercise Routine?