What is vertical loading?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Vertical loading is a method of performing your workout. When you vertical load, you perform different exercises in a row with little to no rest between body parts. It is often called circuit training as well.  This method of training can help increase your heart rate and calorie burn, while making your workouts more efficient. This type of training can minimize the time you spend in the gym while maximizing your results.

Vertical loading refers to performing exercises in a circuit fashion, in which all of the various exercises in a workout are performed one right after another. Once all of the exercises are completed,the circuit may be repeated several times.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What is an exercise to strengthen my wrists so that I can turn a door knob?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to do the palm up, palm down exercise to strengthen wrists: Reps: 10 Sets: 1-3 Intensi...
How is a standing shoulder flexion with one arm performed?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Draw-in your navel and...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?