How do I perform an alternating arm seated arm V raise?

Sit on a bench with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed flat on the ground.  draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at the side of your body.  Keeping your elbow straight, raise one arm at a 45-degree angle in front of your body until your hand reaches eye level.  Be careful not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back.  Hold the top position and then lower your arm back down to the side of your body.  Repeat with the opposite arm. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform the prone-arm waves exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
To perform the prone-arm waves exercise, lie on your stomach with a pillow supporting your left shou...
What are passive range of motion (ROM) exercises for the ankles and feet?
Perform a heel-cord stretching exercise by cupping or cradling the heel of the person you are stretc...
How Do I Perform a Face Down Opposite Arm/Leg Raise?