How long should I rest for when trying to increase my power?

When performing a power training workout, it is recommended that you rest between 3-5 minutes depending on the intensity of the program. These parameters are set due to your body's need to replenish the immediate energy source required for high intensity work (Adenosine triphosphate or ATP-CP). Resting at least 3 minutes will allow you to replenish 100% of your energy stores. This will allow you to get the most out of the next set of the power exercise.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What are the advantages of exercising outdoors?
Outdoor, or "green," exercise has appealing advantages: It's often cheaper and easier than a gym or ...
How do I perform speed ladders: ali cross?
Stand with your body turned 90-degrees to a speed ladder. Stand with your feet staggered, one fo...
Can Rigorous Exercise Stave Off the Symptoms of Parkinson's?