How can I get back into my exercise routine?

Chris Powell
Fitness
To get back into your exercise routine, it's important to start small with manageable goals that you can achieve. In this video, I will explain why choosing activities you love is also a key factor in sticking to your regimen.
Intermountain Healthcare
Administration
A few days off usually isn't cause for concern. Just get back into your exercise routine as soon as you can.
  • If you've only skipped a day or two, pick up where you left off.
  • If you've missed more than a week, start back at a lower level than before -- and work back up from there.
  • If you missed exercise because of a short-term, minor illness (like a cold), wait until you feel normal before you start exercising again. Then start at a lower level and work back up.
  • If you've missed sessions because you have a minor injury, wait until your pain disappears. Start back to exercise at two-thirds of your normal intensity, just to make sure you don't reinjure yourself. Work back up from there.
Don't waste energy feeling guilty about not exercising -- after all, nobody's perfect! Instead, use that energy to get back on track.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.