How do exercising for performance and exercising for wellness differ?

People that exercise or train for performance tend to be athletes who are training for competition. The programs they follow are specific to their sport with the goal of increased performance, whether it’s the weekend warrior, or the professional. People that exercise for general wellness have goals that differ from the athlete. The goal here is for general wellness and health, and does not necessarily become specific to a sport.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How long should I foam roll?
The nice thing about using the foam roller is that it can be done on a daily basis, and even more th...
How can I maintain correct posture during exercise?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Few people have perfect posture, so we recommend quick posture checks before and during each exe...
Why Is Stretching Important?
Why Is Stretching Important?