How do I perform a kneeling hip flexor stretch?

Kneel on your back leg, bending your front leg 90-degrees.  Contract your glutes and shift your body forward.  Raise the arm that is on the same side as the knee that is on the ground, stretching to the opposite side until a stretch is felt in the front of your pelvis.  Hold for 30-seconds.

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a kneeling hip flexor stretch, start by kneeling down on your back leg and bending your front leg at a 90-degree angle. Next, squeeze your glutes on the back leg and draw your abs in tight. Once in this position, slightly shift body your body forward and hold this position. If you want more of a stretch, remain in this position and then raise your arm up toward the sky - same side as rear leg - and rotate backwards and to the side towards the opposite leg until you feel a stretch in front of your hip. Hold this position for 30 seconds and then switch sides.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a side plank with straight leg raise?
Lie on your side with your feet and legs placed on top of each other. Place your forearm on the gr...
What are passive range of motion (ROM) exercises for the forearm and wrist?
The following exercises can be performed with your arms on a table. Hold just below your wrist with ...
When During My Workout Would I Use a Foam Roller?