How do I perform a hurdle jump to bounding?

Stand in front of a hurdle with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Lift your chest and tuck in your chin.  Draw in your navel and contract your glutes.  Using your arms, jump over the hurdle and land on the floor with both feet.  Upon landing, quickly jump forward onto one leg and forward again onto the opposite leg.  Repeat bounding forward moving from one leg to the other.  Land softly and return to the starting position.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a turning step-up, balance to overhead press with 2 arms?
Vincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite TrainerVincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite Trainer
Note: Under Professional Supervision, proper progression to reach this level of exercise must be ach...
How do I perform a side lunge to balance?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed shoulder-width apart. Lift your chest, tuck-in...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise